Postdoctoral researcher position
One postdoctoral researcher position, funded by the SHoCoS project and lasting two years (24 months), is open. Applications will open on November 8th, 2023 and close on November 29th, 2023 (23:59 Paris time), at this address: https://emploi.cnrs.fr/Offres/CDD/UMR7586-NAJIDR-002/Default.aspx.
Applications are now closed.
The person hired will start on September 1st, 2024. The salary range is from 2992.93€ to 4566.02€ (gross monthly) depending on experience, to be determined according by the CNRS salary grid.
Research in fundamental mathematics, particularly algebraic topology.
- Participation in TGA team activities: seminars, etc.
- Participating in a semestrial working group within the TGA team.
- Discussions with SHoCoS project members.
- Publication and dissemination of results obtained.
- Possible supervision of Master’s students (M2).
- Doctorate in fundamental mathematics.
- Knowledge related to the ANR ShoCoS project, in particular: configuration spaces, operad theory, homological stability, rewriting, topological field theory.
The new recruit will join the Topologie et Géométrie Algébriques (TGA) team at the Institut de Mathématiques de Jussieu - Paris Rive Gauche, on the Sophie Germain site. He or she will join the ANR SHoCoS (Structure and Homotopy of Configuration Spaces) project https://shocos.idrissi.eu.
All applications should be made through the CNRS portal: https://emploi.cnrs.fr/Offres/CDD/UMR7586-NAJIDR-002/Default.aspx (available on November 8th 2023). No applications will be accepted through other channels. Applicants should prepare a CV, a research proposal, as well as a cover letter, to be uploaded to the CNRS portal.
The deadline for applications is November 29th (23:59 Paris time). No application will be possible after the deadline.
Up to two recommendation letters may be sent directly by the recommender(s) to Najib Idrissi (
firstname.lastname@example.org), preferably before mid-December.
Applications will be examined in December and early January. Applicants will hear back in mid-January.
For information requests, please contact Najib Idrissi.